INTERPRETING YOUR GENETIC VARIANT REPORT
On a weekly basis we consult with and receive numerous emails and phone calls from individuals with chronic health problems. Recently, more of these people have already done their genetic testing through 23andme and have received their genetic variant report from companies like Livewello. The difficulty however is how to navigate this complex roadmap of information. Often times as we have all discovered it is not as easy as supporting just the MTHFR gene.
TREAT THE PATIENT NOT THE GENE VARIANT
It is very important to remember it is not about supporting all the genetic variants that the reports suggest. The key is to treat the patient, the actual symptoms not the genetic snps. In our opinion to provide supplement advice as some of the genetic variant reports do is irresponsible and more often than not will not provide improvement of the symptoms.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE AN EXPERT INTERPRET YOUR GENETIC VARIANT REPORTS
As I have stated it is important to understand that every person is different in their symptoms and their genetics. A cookbook approach of one size fits all for the most part just does not work effectively. The benefits of the genetic variant report is too correlate it with the patient symptoms as well as other labs to determine if the genes have actually expressed themselves. The information than allows us to personalize treatment programs to each individual.
MTHFR AND MORE
The MTHFR is the gene that there has been the most amount of research. However, there is much more than supporting just the MTHFR gene. For instance there are some other genes that must be addressed when dealing with patients symptoms, such as COMT, CBS, CYP genes. The entire picture must be analyzed and correlated with the individuals symptoms for optimum results.
WHY CHOOSE US
We provide a personalized support program that considers your genetic raw data along with your symptoms to assist you in understanding your chronic health problems. Dr. Veselak is Board Certified in Integrative Medicine and a Functional Medicine Practitioner. This expertise provides him insight into providing you with the necessary tools to help you support and improve your current health symptoms. He understands how the genetic variants can affect your symptoms and if the genes have actually expressed creating or enhancing the current health problems.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM THE PERSONALIZED REPORTS
- Discover the genes that are affecting your current health status
- Provide you the tools to improve your health
- Dietary and lifestyle changes to minimize or eliminate gene expression
- Correlation of current symptoms with genetic variant report
- Analysis of previous labs with genetic variant report
- Recommendations of further testing if necessary
- Access to a knowledgeable practitioner via phone, Skype or email for questions you have
WE OFFER SEVERAL DIFFERENT CONSULTAION OPTIONS DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS
- You have your genetic variant report and want information as to what genes might be causing your symptoms and interfering with your ability to heal
- Would like personalized care and follow up care
- We offer 3, 6 and 12 month care programs
- Our comprehensive programs provide recommendations for nutrition, lifestyle, dietary guidelines, review of labs, further testing
- Email, phone or Skype consults available
Our office is accustomed to providing online distance consults. So if you are having questions regarding your genetic variant reports please contact us here.
Dr. Michael Veselak, D.C. BCIM, CFMP